- U.S. Army Veteran
- Current Mayor Pro Tem of Pearland
- Current Pearland City Council Member Position 3
- Assistant Captain of Houston Live Stock Show and Rodeo Go Texan Pearland/Alvin Committee
- Pearland International Festival board member
- Current President of the Willowick HOA
- Member of the Pearland Lions Club
- Member of Keep Pearland Beautiful
- Past President of a local political club
- Past Precinct Chair
- Volunteer for Pearland High School Cheerleader Booster Club
- Volunteer for Pearland Third Grade Elementary School Dictionary Project
- Treasurer of the Willowick HOA for four years
- Associate member of a local political women’s club
- Election clerk for the 2008 Presidential Election
- Brazoria County Election Judge in the 2012 Presidential Election
- Volunteer at the East Pearland Headquarters during the 2008 and 2012 Presidential election.
- Delegate to the State Convention 2008, 2012, 2014, and 2016
- Delegate to the Senatorial District 11 Convention 2008, 2012, 2014, and 2016
- Credentials Committee Chairman for the Senatorial District 11 Convention 2012
Gary Moore, Pearland City Councilman
I served 9.5 years in the Army as a Nuclear, Biological, and Chemical Non-Commissioned Officer. When I left the Army, my family and I moved to the DFW area where I started my environmental career as a Field Chemist and then was promoted to facility manager of a 10-day hazardous waste transfer facility. My family and I moved to the Houston area for a promotion, when I became a Regional Logistics Manager for the largest hazardous waste disposal company in North America, where I furthered my knowledge on DOT regulations. An environmental and engineering consulting company then recruited me, where I enhanced my environmental resume to include air and water regulations. After working five years as an environmental consultant, I took an external promotion as Senior Environmental Technologist at Dow Chemical, where I currently manage air emissions compliance, waste management and compliance, and waste water compliance.
I have traveled all over the world between my father’s military service and mine. Originally from everywhere U.S.A. and then some places overseas, I am a military brat and veteran who is finally a nomad, no more! Pearland is the hometown that I never had.
For the past decade, my family and I have rooted ourselves in this bustling city, known for its small town feel. I am active in several volunteer organizations from the Lions Club to political organizations, and use to serve as a Pearland High School Cheerleader Booster Club Volunteer Dad.
I have been married to my lovely wife Christina for almost 22 years and we have two wonderful children, Phillip and Cheyenne. Phillip and Cheyenne both are attending Blinn College in Bryan, TX.